Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mexico City - Danger and Swine Flu, Don't Believe the Hype!!

Just got back from Mexico City - before going, all my friends, family, newspapers, reporters were telling me it was a dangerous time to go because of the swine flu and the drug wars. Not to mention Mexico City is famous for their kidnappings and corrupt Police. All this negative talk (scare tactics) made me realize I shouldn't bring my new DSLR.

I'm here to tell you Mexico City was not dangerous (as long as your street savvy and not looking for prostitutes or drugs.) and am fucking pissed I did not bring my camera. So here is Mexico City from an IPhone:
Upon arriving they have a swine flu detector... luckily they detected nothing!

After we touched down we took a walk down Paseo de la Reforma to the Museo de Arte Moderno to check out some of Frida Kahlo/Diego Rivera's work (among other Modern Artists) and checked out a few street vendors/sculptures...

Two of my favorite paintings at the Museum...

"The Two Fridas" by Frida Kahlo = Doope!

Not sure who the artist is but the face looked as if it were three dimensional even though it was a flat painting.

My parents relaxing in their Hotel Room...

View from my room!

Fighting for Change... but I don't know what for...

Real Tacos... Peep the pork in the background... Pineapple on top of a lime, then the pork, then onions on the bottom... these were some of the best tacos I've ever had! Mexico City was great... the people were nice... good shopping... food was great... and too many museums to name.

Till the Next Episode,
J$K

No comments:

Post a Comment